Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's Finally Happening - Big Brother in Canada

So this post is like two months late. Sue me. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out the best strategy, putting a fool-proof plan to fruition so I can be crowned the winner of Big Brother Canada! It was announced in May that Endemol has given the green light for a Canadian version of the internationally successful Big Brother franchise. And it's aboot time!


Did you know that at one point Canadians were really the only ones watching any reality television? Survivor  and Big Brother ratings were through the roof for a few years in Canada, while the U.S. audiences were getting bored of these shows for enlisting competitors rather than casting them. Let that be a lesson to Robyn Kass, the casting director for Big Brother Canada. Sure it is fun to see people who were once famous for something no one really remembers (spoiler alert: Blair from Facts of Life is on Survivor: Philippines this fall!), but what's more entertaining that an average Joe or Jill thinking they can make it through a puddle of pudding to win the veto? 


Those who know me know I am definitely applying. Not only am I applying, but I am going to win the game! Watching all major American reality television shows has taught me how to identify any strategy that comes my way, and playing Phil's Facebook Survivor, I know where I mess up and go wrong. Now is the time to prove I am a major competitor. I know I have the fans but now I need the producers to see that I will win.


Off to work on my audition tape. For more info on the show, you can visit www.bigbrothercanada.ca to learn about the casting process, audition deadlines and casting call locations. I'll see you on the airwaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment