Wednesday, March 9, 2011

First left Russell...

Russell Hantz
The best night of Survivor has occurred. Russell Hantz, the evilest villain in the history of the game, was finally eliminated from the game and we will never see him again. In his own words "I am done playing Survivor."


Natalie White beats Russell 7-2
Russell was first introduced to the Survivor world in 2009 during Survivor Samoa, and before the first episode Jeff Probst (see left of screen) deemed him "the best villain Survivor has ever seen." I have to agree with that statement: Russell burnt other's socks on the first night, dumped out all the water and made his fellow tribemates lives miserable. But through it all, he dominated the strategic part of the game. He lost his first season to Natalie White for being too villainous, but he did manage to eliminate the strong eight members of Galu.


Sandra beats Parvati 5-4; Russell got not votes
His second season in Survivor Heroes vs. Villains gave Russell another advantage in an all-stars game: no one had seen him play before because the episodes were just airing in the North America. I believe he would have gone much sooner if anyone had seen him play. Parvati Shallows, the runner-up of that season, had "heard" about Russell's game play and strategy through producers. Their alliance helped both get to the end, but it was Sandra Diaz-Twine that became a two-time winner of Survivor (her previous win was during 2003's Pearl Islands season).

The Tribe has Finally Spoken
Russell's downfall was that he had a sense of entitlement. He "believed" he was destined to win Survivor, and that it was "his game." In his first two appearances on Survivor, he was able to find the hidden immunity idol (a small idol that can be used to nullify votes when it is used at tribal council. It can only be used once and must be presented before the reading of the votes). While he plays the game well, he never plays to win.This is why none of these photos show Russell in the winning position, and why he is out third this round (second due to Redemption Island).

I am not a Russell supporter. I laughed tonight as he cried before his dramatic exit. I think he's too self-righteous and am glad to see him go. Third time really was a charm-- for him to leave. But now that he's gone, bring in the newest tribe member: Craftsman. That's the next blog so stayed tuned. Check out CBS's Survivor website for more info about the new twist.

8 comments:

  1. I am so happy that he is finally gone! I don't even watch that show, but I was soo sick of seeing the commercials where hes supposed to be some big beastly man saying that the island isn't big enough for him and some other guy.
    It's about time that he is gone, i say good riddance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whattt!? I missed it last night, I'm so happy to see this. My mom, however, is going to maddd. Like Lindsey said, I'm sick of hearing about him and how he's "the best", etc... I'm so happy those people were finally smart enough to get rid of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy Russell finally got kicked off! What always annoyed me about Russell was that he just did not seem to understand that part of playing the game was making those connections with people so you could ensure their vote when you finally DID get to the end. He stepped on too many people, and nobody would have ever voted him to win the game even if he had made it to the end again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In colombia we have this show, in our own version of course. My Mon is a huge fan like you Ron, and i am not lying. When the show is on air and I call her during that time, she does not take my call!! I would like to watch the U.S version, probably has more drama and sex than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellen, you're mom and I have a lot in common. No one is allowed to call me while the show is on. The U.S. Survivor airs on Wednesday nights at 8 p.m. on Global or CBS (channels 3 and 6 on Cogeco).

    I'll have to check out Columbia's Survivor. I've seen the British and Israeli versions, so that will be fun to see. There is plenty of drama, and the sex factor is there but not overly focused on as much; Everyone is too dirty to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your posts Ron because I don't follow many of the shows you talk about it. Whenever I need quick updates on what is going on in the world of reality TV I go right to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your blog Ron. But I have to admit that I haven't been keeping up with Survivor lately. I do know about Russel though, I remember seeing him in previous seasons. I'm glad that he was voted off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be sure to continue following me once school's done because I'll keep on commenting, especially if people like Russell come up again.

    ReplyDelete